We close on Monday at 4pm, have a final walk through at 2:30pm right before the closing so we can make sure the repairs they were supposed to do were done (was only minor stuff) and that everything is all cleaned out. Found out that the sellers have to pay $15,000 at closing to pay off what they owe, part of the whole sub-prime mortgage mess in the US right now I'm sure. They renovated a ton in the house, then his job moved south to another state and they had to move right at the time when property values are at an all time low. A common story in the US today.
Daniel and I went to a home improvement store last night looking for paint colors, we went a little crazy with paint chips as you can see.
These are some cool boxes that help me pack all my work clothes without having to re-iron once we move in!
On another note, we now have 4 waterfalls in NY harbor until Oct. 18th. I've been so out of touch with the news that I had no idea, until today when I drove into work and parked under the Brooklyn Bridge. You can't really see it that well in this picture as it was taken with my cell phone, but it does look pretty cool.

The next post will be from our new home!!
2 comments on "Soon to be Jen and Daniel in NJ"
Hope the closing went off without a hitch.
Hey, did you ever hit the "next blog" button just for a laugh? I just did it from yours and here's what came up:
http://todoflashback.blogspot.com/
Awesome.
Wow it really looks as if Jen has her work cut out for her if she is to paint all those colours
on HER days off. I hope you chose a few less or your house will look like jhosephs coat of many coulors LOL great ...
Post a Comment