Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall






I remember talking with the Aussies years ago and saying, "It's fall here." And getting the response, "What's fall?" I never even thought about the fact that when the leaves don't fall off the trees in autumn, it would not be called fall. Some things are really taken for granted when you grow up a certain way. I always say one day I'd want to move somewhere it does not snow or get really cold, but the one thing I'd miss is the seasons. I love the changing color of the leaves, the crinkling of the leaves under your feet. I'd like to have our children enjoy raking up all the leaves and jumping into the huge pile when we're done like I did as a kid. All these things that are taken for granted when you can just enjoy them year after year. I remember when my best friend moved to Florida, the one thing she wanted me to do for her was mail her some fallen colored leaves. I thought, why would she want that? But now I know, I'd probably get someone to mail me some leaves too if we were to ever live somewhere with no "fall." Autumn/Fall is probably my favorite time of year. (Of course, I was also born in the fall, so it has to be the best season!)
Today we leave to Florida to enjoy some 80 degree (27 Celsius) weather before returning to 50 degree (10 Celsius) weather, with colder and colder to come! I still say our Aussie family needs to come in January and see some SNOW! :)
By the way, all these pictures are from our backyard, yes... we have not cleaned up any leaves yet!

1 comments on "Fall"

Brian & Cheryl on November 19, 2008 at 11:35 AM said...

nice to see the fall of leaves and Jenn get Dan to rake those leaves so you can roll in them

 

Jen and Daniel in NJ now! Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez