Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Anniversary Celebration






We had a very nice weekend. We loved dinner, I know many others in the family enjoy exotic, different meals, but we would probably go for a good old fashioned steakhouse anytime. You can see Daniel really enjoyed his T-Bone, I opted for the smaller filet cut. The picture is very dark because I didn't want a flash going off in the restaurant for everyone to turn around and stare! :) The best was arriving at the restaurant and the waitress wishing us a Happy Anniversary. Daniel looked at her like she was some sort of freak psychic, but she merely knew because when the reservations were made they asked if it was a special occasion. We ordered a bottle of one of our favorite Aussie wines, d’Arenberg The Hermit Crab Viognier Marsanne, from a vineyard we visited while in Adelaide in November. And yes, we know we should have had red wine with steak, but I saw that wine on the menu and we had to order it.



On to the play. We saw the Little Mermaid on Broadway. The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, and I was very disappointed to see that they cut out parts of the movie for the play. It was unnecessary too because they added other songs that they could have left out for the plot to remain the same. I guess Disney execs thought it would flow better live with new songs and deleted scenes, but it annoyed me! It was still a good play, and I'm glad we went.






The hotel was nice, but definitely made me glad we don't live in Manhattan. The noise from the traffic down in times square, to the elevator shafts and the people next door made me glad we live in somewhat of suburbia compared to Manhattan.

This pic was the view from the room, looking right down on times square. We ordered breakfast to the room and Daniel had his heart set on blueberry pancakes. They sent normal pancakes and when I called the woman was not very nice about it, saying we had to wait 30 minutes if we wanted the right thing... after repeating I wasn't happy over and over, she finally gave in and took them off our bill!


Overall it was a very nice Anniversary weekend, here's to many more!!



2 comments on "Weekend Anniversary Celebration"

DC on May 4, 2008 at 9:04 PM said...

So are you hiding this blog or were you gonna share it? Never mind how I found it....

Brian & Cheryl on June 15, 2008 at 8:57 PM said...

as dorothy said in the wizard of oz theres no place like home and yo two hav got a great life ahead in yours

 

Jen and Daniel in NJ now! Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez